Friday, September 16, 2011

quickie


---------------

  What is up, peeps?  Posting a quick wip here; it's my take on Vice from KOF and in particular it's really for a contest in a club over on dA.  I decided on participating on a whim and yet here I am giving this character a pirate-themed redesign that I would hope could actually fit w/n a real KOF game if ever I were so gracious enough to be given that opportunity ;)



   This is what I've done so far, this afternoon actually.  Partly for anatomy study as well, and to try another perspective and pose that I'm not familiar w/ in most ways.  I'll be drawing the outfit l8r tonight and I'll draw a version from the backside tomorrow.  Then either Saturday or Sunday I'll color both of those and have them ready by Monday for entry. 

    The painting's being done in Corel, but I've changed a LOT of things in my process since the last update, certainly, and this will likely be the first picture(s) to showcase that.  Here's hoping the whole adventure doesn't suck xD.

    Anyways, I'll be back semi-regularly over the weekend to post up progress as it chugs along, but not too frequently.  And if able I might sneak in some thoughts I've had over recent issues in adapting to the digital workspace, and how I'm fighting really hard to keep my art as energetic and 'non-process' as possible, 'cuz trust me it's very easy to let the program do most of the work for you even if you know the concepts.  The Poison picture (which I'm still going to finish mind you, in fact it's almost done, but I don't know when I'll work on it again over these next few days) is proof enough of that.  If that sounds like a curiosity pique, it is.

    Welp that's it for now.  I'll try and watch a movie and more Yu Yu Hakusho later...damn I miss that show, it's pretty cool even after all these years.  Can almost forgive CN for cutting the series short almost every time they re-broadcasted it, but still....oh w/e'vz.  I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment