Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11, and stuff



   Morning everyone; if you stay here in the U.S you know the significance of this day.  Exactly this date a decade ago, NYC, Washington D.C and Philiadelphia came under attack by a trio of botched plane flights, resulting in the damage and destruction of not only iconic landmarks, but also the loss of thousands of lives, people unfortunately caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.  There's always been a range of theories on as to who really executed the attacks, and that's a sordid history best left told elsewhere.  What one can't deny, though, is the impact the events of that day had on not only this country, but the world at large.

   So take this as my ode of respect to all those who lost their lives on that day; I hope you all are doing better and just as well in the afterlife.

   Events like 9/11 aren't that commonplace, I have to admit.  It's spirit is still charging the range of suicide attacks that are happening even now in the Middle East, and the political revolutions taking place in places like Egypt and Libya share some sense of political common ground (as in, they were politically driven) w/ the attacks of that day.  This level of distress and perhaps far worst occurs all the time in the world, and sometimes realizing that is enough to make me slightly depressed.

   Ah well; even if knowing the importance of today will make some aspects a little dull, I still have to keep doing what I do.  Apologies for no uploads last week; I either haven't felt up to typing up a big blog or would just prefer to actually post up some finished work for once and am holding out until that's done.  I've gotten started on setting up my Pro-Spec blog, but I'll hold off until October to launch it, likely near the end of that month.  Gives me time to finish up more pieces and do some custom graphics to add a personal spark to the space ;).  I finally got the printer cartridges (well, the tri-color one anyway), so I can move on to some important other steps for some pics.  I...really loathe the printer cartridge industry.  Why can't manufacturers make cartridges that are compatible w/ ALL the printers in their family is beyond me...I smell monetary greed at work there.

    Okay; I'll be wrapping this up now.  I'll try finishing Super Mario World today (it's the only game I've really been playing atm; so I'll wait until I'm done w/ that before resuming Zelda and maybe Snatcher too...actually, scratch that I'll resume Snatcher today as well), tho right now the game's being an absolute awkward s.o.b w/ this sixth castle.  And watch a few more shows and maybe cook some egg rolls (I got everything besides the noodles for crunch, but I was hoping to hold off on them until Monday, for food to eat through the rest of the week).  Gotta go for now; take care everyone and I'll be back w/ some finished work extremely soon.  Until then, take care an' l8r :)

No comments:

Post a Comment