Saturday, September 17, 2011

entry WIP (backshot)


---------------------

  Not a biggie of a post here peoples; just following through on my promise to keep uploads somewhat consistent over the weekend while I work on these for that contest I mentioned yesterday.  It actually ends Tuesday which is two more days than I thought, so I am gonna save the painting and final outlines until maybe Sunday/Monday respectively, and resume Poison on Monday (and finish her then too; just need to ink it now more or less).
 

   I managed to get this one roughed here in maybe an hour and a half, not counting breaks and distractions.  That also includes having restarted from a previous picture of her backside I just wasn't digging @ all, but that's my fault.  Had no clear idea what pose I wanted doing this and in general I have a tougher time w/ backshots than front ones, which really needs to be worked on over time.  Also, her left hand in particular gave me a really tough challenge; what's here is quite less dynamic of a posture for it than I was aiming for, but I scaled back b/c it wasn't looking too hot in the original form.  Such is the life of drawing stuff like this w/ absolutely no handy references around whatsoever :S.

    Again, did a nude mainly as some additional anatomy practice, and there's roughly enough detail in this and the front where I can just draw the rest of the outfit and proceed, 'cuz that's where the actual point of these entries is.  But indeed, I'll never turn down some anatomy practice if I can squeeze it in there; the more the better ;)

    I'll be back tomorrow w/ pics of the painting as it's done for them both; if able I'll pop back l8r tonight to post these ones again w/ the clothing on and then the paintings @ the end of tomorrow.  Feeling really good in how these will turn out, since it's been a LOT of (undocumented, truly) time these past few weeks strengthening every aspect of my approach to my traditional drawing and digital painting, but I'll just let the results speak for themselves.  Gonna eat egg rolls about now; have a gr8 Saturday see 'ya l8r :)

No comments:

Post a Comment