Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Stuff on Wednesday


-------------

  Happy Sunday everyone; this weekend has been filled w/ not one, but TWO birthdays, back-to-back.  Saturday's was my nephew's 9th bday, where I did what I could and entertained him and the neighborhood friends outside w/ my collection of PS2 games and the assistance of a fellow neighbor.  Altho the sun threatened to melt the system and television away, we found a method to deal, and despite the rambunctiousness of the children @ times it was pretty fun overall, cake & ice cream and all.  Today's one of my older sister's birthday, a lot more low-key and she probably will be treating herself out to some fun w/ friends, but all in all happy b-day and good wishes there too.

   As can be imagined, I'm either too into other things or too tired to post up anything anywhere this weekend, and I wanted time to relax from that, just for a couple of days if could manage.  Progress is coming along very swiftly w/ all the new art projects, altho I have yet to start my Bilstien contribution (and that's gotta be done by the end of the month).  There's been a major influx in new sketches, mainly to put on CA.org, but I will probably eventually ink and color some of them, depending on the mood.  Either case it's neat to be able to find some time each day to work on these sketches (I only call them sketches b/c they aren't inked and colored), it has REALLY been helping me get quite better and more open in concepts chosen.  Quite liberating actually, since there's no need to stick to the concepts of a well-established character, and it also gives time to sketch out some cool concepts that may or may not ever be taken in other directions.  That being said, I'll dump the sketches near the end of Friday, but they'll likely be up on CA.org earlier.

    Wednesday I'll post what's been done of my Avatar and Mai images, and a rough for Bilstien.  Depending on what happens Monday (I need to head out and get some supplies and handle another delicate manner, altho I don't HAVE to do them on that day,...it could be put off until some other time in the week tbh), I might be able to finish one of those aforementioned two by then, or at least that's the hope.  Since I've gotten a pretty damn good hang on the tools and the process that fits me, tho, they're getting done much faster than expected.



    That's all I gots in me for today; if you haven't yet, I'd recommend checking out the Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita graphic novels.  Very good stuff, and I hope Cameron's adaptation lives up to the energy of the source material, and is atleast as faithful as the 90s OVA was (given that, the OVA took some giant liberties).  For w/e reason I find Alita to be pretty cute, battle tendencies and all.  I just love her spunk and she's got a pretty sexy fit body to boot x3. 

    Anyhows, l8r :)

No comments:

Post a Comment