Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chun=Done, and stuff


------------

  What's up everyone; I was going to hold off on any posts until tomorrow, but seeing that I'll be busy tomorrow not just drawing and painting, but studying and doing some chores an' whatnot, it seems like Wednesday would be a day too far behind.  In addition I just want to clear the air on what's already done, so the slate is clean to move on to new stuff.

   First off, tho, I'll just re-state my current goals.  I already got my accounts for ConceptArt.org and Game-Art-HQ set up; @tm I'm doing various sketches and drawings to post to a sketchbook on the former, and if I can submit art directly to the latter that cuts out dA for the middleman.  I did mention dA would just be a dumping place for my fanart now, but maybe it could just serve as a central hub for selected work.  No sketches or WIPs (I got this here blog and CA.org for stuff like that), just certain finished pieces that "fit in" around there.  I doubt I'll ever be a mainstay on that site but if there's an audience, any audience, for at least some of what I do, I would like to make it somewhat easier for them to see what's up.  Any case, I should start posting on CA.org by the end of the week, and if GAHQ has direct submissions I can start sending more stuff around there directly that's fanart-related.  I'm also still looking for some serious job boards to scour around if in case I meet any criteria for a gig ('cuz damnit I need some good work!)...craigslist doesn't count (really).

   Okay 'nuf of that shit; it took a little longer than expected but the Chun-Li picture's finished.  Here she is:



  I combed back to some stuff I had done w/ all my works prior in Corel to push this one out, and I'm happy w/ how it turned out.  From here I hope to develop more complex and scenic pieces emphasizing greater depths of composition and emotion, but for this one in particular I just wanted to capture her as if outdoors in natural sunlight, a bit different from the original idea but good all the same.  The Mai picture should take only a couple of days to finish now since I've gone through the hurdles of figuring stuff out w/ Chun-Li (they're supposed to be similar in execution style), but alas, I have a few other pics to attend to.  Like that avatar monster-thingamajig (<-lol it's a real word!)...knock that out, maybe color in a few sketches, and then get to Mai.  But I also need to (finally) start on Bilstien...don't wanna half-ass him like I did that Vice entry a few weeks ago.

   Right, so that'll conclude it for today.  When I get that avatar pic up (maybe a day or so from now), I'll post it here and update my avatar on all my networks as needed, but in the meantime this'll do.  There are a lot of things being worked on right now, and I'm just attempting to figure out the best time to attend to them, and completing them as soon as possible.  But still, I'm most trying to up myself to handle a good showing on CA.org and (very soon) put out some portfolio-worthy work to attract clientelle, local, national, global w/e; just as long as they have solid ideas, open minds and some cash to pay for services.  Wish me luck everyone, and I'll return shortly.  Until then, I'm out.  L8r.

No comments:

Post a Comment