Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bilstien WIP


---------------------------------

  Welp, today was pretty interesting.  My stupidity caused me to forget bringing my birth certificate, therefore preventing me for taking the dmv knowledge exam.  That sucks, but at least I can go out l8r in the week to try again.  But what was really fun, was seeing this Tupac Shakur-like dude basically act like a felon on the run across not one, but two buses, and causing unprecedented commotion along the way.  Truly, he was a class act and made the afternoon trek much more enjoyable, tho I feel sad for his bike...it's going to be a lonely bike now for a few days, maybe even weeks, and I have been pushing to do more cardio...

   Other than that, got a few more pens for illustration work; unfortunately I couldn't find any col-erase color pencils so I guess I'll have to order them off Dickblick, waiting time guaranteed, but it'd be worth the effort.  I won't be posting any new sketches except the one this blog's titled after (mainly b/c I haven't done that many new ones since the last post), and I will have both Mai and the avatar picture done by Saturday so for the sake of thinning out the herd I'll wait until they're complete to post again.  That being said, I do have some progress (not much tho) on my Bilstien entry, so let's jump to it eh..



   Not knowing his design by heart, it's been a bit of a challenge to draw this dude I must admit, and it hasn't helped I've been using a shitty reference picture.  Hence, why I started working more on the chair.  I have a color scheme in mind, and I guess I'm going for a more Ranisseance-like 'holy' vibe w/ him, so basically lots of mute earthly tones aside from the plasmid energy to give some life.  But there's the need to, um, actually draw the picture out first, so I'll be likely attending to that tonight and over the next two days while I work on other pieces, as it'll be the next up to bat.

   W/ the new pens, I can ink out some pictures I had finished before, which might be a good idea but seeing as how my drawing capability has improved steadily since drawing the pictures, I'm half-tempted to start 'em from scratch.  Yet, my pencils are on the verge of proving useless, and if anything they aughta be used for new drawings amirite?  So regardless, there's still a shitload of pics to complete and that business is good on my watch ;).

   I'll swing back around over the weekend to post the finished results of the aforementioned pieces, while I also work on updating my CA.org profile (should get it up tonight) and seeing what's up around there.  In the meantime tho it's grubbin' time, so catch 'ya all on the flipside.  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment