Saturday, October 29, 2011

Change of Plans


---------------

  Happy Saturday morning peeps; altho I tried my best to complete the two pictures I had planned to show off today, it wasn't enough.  They are very far along and near-finished, but are lacking that final spit-n-polish.  Therefore I won't be uploading them until early next week.  It's better this way, tho, than to post what progress is done now...surprises are fun ;).  But yeah, my apologies on that one.

  Actually I won't be posting any art until next week anyhow, but you probably already saw this coming.  It's not easy actually trying to finish a piece when constantly switching between upwards a dozen of 'em simultaneously..that's...still a thing I need to get used to doing more often.  Neverminding when a roadblock presents itself and slows any work down tremendously, bleh!

   For this entry I just got a few quick blurbing points.  Beavis and Butthead was just relaunched on MTV, and I checked out the first episode via a stream this morning.  It was nice seeing them again, and they do still *feel* like they should.  But I think there could be some big issues in the future episodes that have more to do w/ the material they're ripping on than the characters themselves.  What made B&B fun for me back in their heyday wasn't just their (oft-time insensitive but damn funny anyway) humor, but that the stuff they ripped on were music videos that were, as a whole, collective of a better bunch of songs than the ones the show will be able to rip on now.  I'm not one of those "everything's best in the 90s" idiots, but I do think mainstream music on MTV was much stronger back then than what they put on now, that much can't be argued.  Almost as if admitting that weakness, the show will end up mocking their other shows more.  Problem for me there, though, is that the shows MTV have now aren't that interesting to me.  They're annoying, pretentious and just kinda boring to me (there's no interest in me watching 16 and Pregnant, for example, not even to mock it).  I hope the show can manage well regardless minus these circumstances, and there's a good chance it can, given I found some humor (albeit more in the line of the B&B's interactions than anything they were making fun of) in the premier.

    If shit hits the fan on that front, though, then I might as well kiss any Aeon Flux or The Maxx-or even Liquid Television-revival goodbye too; failure to make B&B work will inevitably point to MTV's inability to make any of those properties work again either.  At least the old episodes are still around (in various ways hoho).

   That ties it up for today.  Going back out to DMV, and to have some fun (even tho it's raining atm).  I'll be back w/ a healthy stream of art next week I promise you.  So until then, have an awesome weekend.  L8r!

No comments:

Post a Comment