Sunday, October 9, 2011

Moving to ConceptArt.org, and misc.

  Good Sunday peeps; I went ahead and started my ConceptArt.org profile.  It's something I had considered doing a while ago but waited until I felt I was @ a "good point" w/ my workload and ability, and on a certain mental level of dedication.  Now that such a point's been reached, I feel it was a good time to start it up over there.  Part of the reason is for honest improvement; I know the community there is very serious and analytical, and that's what I like.  No false camaraderie, just truthful opinions and tips on improvement.  I also hope that having a presence there will be good for professional networking reasons.

   What this means for my dA is that I'll be severely reducing my presence up there unless for the purposes of fanart.  I haven't been finding myself as involved w/ the dA community on a whole the past few months and maybe that's to do w/ the fact I don't share the interests of the vast majority of its users.  Despite what I've been posting around here and on dA for the past couple years, fanart is not my main holding ground, just the one that is the most instantly recognizable.  dA is predominantly a site for fanart and otaku culture; I play my games/watch my show, and I find aspects of Japanese culture interesting.  However, I am not hardcore devoted to either, and enjoy a more balanced presence in my life on the grounds of the art I create and the cultures I invest interest in.  It's also just not a terribly professional spot or a place where you'd get any serious critiques and tips, outside of a handful of other folks (most all of whom I've met in the forums).

    If anything, this means I can start producing drawings more plentifully, and I don't have to worry about them being all fanart images either.  In fact, I might take a break from all of that for a little, and it will naturally die down as I commit to future projects, many already in the head but just awaiting a good time to get started on.

    The only other thing on my mind @ the moment is the issue w/ the Occupy Wall Street protests being conducted in NYC and offshoots happening around the country.  Even tho some of the people there probably don't really know what they want (or know the full truth in regards to the issues plaguing this economy; I don't claim to understand them all either but I do know Wall Street isn't @ the top of the matter), but you gotta commend them for taking a stand.  Protests as a whole seem to be rising in this country and that's a good sign people are tired of the broke-down conditions the markets are presenting day in and day out to us.  But w/ any protest, there is likely violence to follow, and I hope these people, many of them young adults like myself, try to keep from inciting it and defend themselves if enforcement comes down on 'ya unfairly. 

    That's it for today; be back early Wednesday w/ some updates.  Take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment