Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

 
 ---------------------

Sunday Afternoon Updates

  'Nathernoon there, me fellows (please excuse the brokenness, this is my attempt at proper English, and I must admit...it's gone sour very fast).  I managed to make it out to that club I mentioned previously w/ my sister, but suffice to say I have that post in another spot; you can click here to read up on it if you wish, and when I get a copy of the photo taken I'll post it up here.  Needless to say, it was very awesome and just what I needed to relieve some stress that had been building up; a few more stints in Zelda and Snatcher and I should be just about refreshed to tackle some major progress on art projects for the next five days.

   Speaking of art, as promised I'm here to post some updates.  I know I said I'd stop w/ all the WIPs, and I'm trying to stick to that.  But for the time being, until I get into a groove where I'm more focused on one single piece instead of several big pieces concurrently (and until where, for some of those pictures, I ingrain what I learn into my head where it becomes routine knowledge), doing a single WIP until they're done leaves too big a dry spell.  So I'll do a once-a-week sort of update on multiple pieces, and if there's any time I skip doing that, it's the signal I'm focusing on one piece only and it'll be done much faster as a result of that.




    First off, I'll start w/ a new WIP.  No it's not the Poison one; I'll probably begin drawing her today and I have a very solid idea w/ her in mind (could actually end up doing two copies).  This one is something I started doing so as to overcome weaknesses I quickly realized in my other OS piece (which I'll get to shortly).

    Most critically, I noticed that atleast Melfina and certainly Suzuka were not looking as "on-point" to their official image.  I could just bullshit and say I altered some details for my sake, but the truth is I should've studied them a bit better beforehand.  Now, I'm doing a three-piece picture of the three females (Aisha too) so as to get something closer to their official designs.  It was also a good excuse in doing some better portraits.  Still need to finish them all up; I'm considering either inking them raw or doing some flat paints and then inking them, leaning towards the latter @ the moment.  We'll see when we get to it, I suppose.


    The Valkyrie commission is coming along..ever-so-slowly.  Despite so much having been done, there's still so much more to get completed, it honestly does intimidate me at times.  Doesn't help I'm exploring ever-more-complicated processes and implementing them on the fly, as the time taken to study, conceptualize and understand those things eats into the time actually spent painting.

   But it's like I said; glad my client is so loose in their finish date.  I don't want them to be disappointed in the final work and I really want to use this piece to exponentially improve in every single way, so hopefully a couple extra weeks won't be asking for much before it's done.  If anything, any future pictures on this level should be done much faster, as I'll already be familiarized w/ the techniques by then (though really, I always try some new twist in everything anyhow xD).


    Here's some further work on the original OS picture.  Even w/ the complaints I had earlier, I realize it's a good opportunity to practice line weighing and shading to conceptualize a full, finished piece, so I'll be finishing it as soon as able.  Suzuka is basically "done", so I have mainly Melfina and most especially Aisha and Jim (lol @ Jim...lol @ him!) to finish up, again worrying that the black marker doesn't dry up.

    In any case, I'll be using what little cash I have right now to pick up at least a couple others from Micheal's if that does happen (or closer..doubt Wal-Mart sells Prismacolors tho :S).  Certainly, this one'll be finished this week I can't see it taking any longer than Wednesday, even if switching btwn it and the other pictures.

    I'm just about done here for today, and hope you all enjoyed the progress pictures so far.  Before I go, I'll simply reiterate on my dA reshuffling plan in getting the old pictures out.  If in case I haven't said so here, I'll be creating a shadow account there to host the older pieces, as my current account will just host the most recent work within about a three-month time span, in addition to what are the strongest pieces (could span from any length of time really). What I'm also considering, though, is just dropping off dA altogether until the fall, so even when those pictures (and others) are completed I won't be uploading them there until about the second week of September.  I can use that time to focus on other 'more important' things, like fine-tuning what pics I have and looking into constructing a portfolio, not to mention look for jobs I can post for.  Everything else should fall in place from there.

    So again, I hope you all enjoyed the pictures; please look forward to some FINISHED work later this week, maybe some random sketches I crap out in the meantime, and further progress on what couldn't be completed by the time I come back.  Stay awesome and enjoy life to its fullest; see 'ya next time.  L8r.

No comments:

Post a Comment