Saturday, July 30, 2011

SatAft Update

  
------------------------

    What's up people?  I FINALLY managed to beat that bastard Mongolor in the Tower of Hera.  Man, what an annoying boss.  Something felt terribly off about him compared to the other two bosses..it didn't help that the sword was about the length of a broken toothpick.  And to add insult to injury, you get the Master Sword right after that.  Well, I have that now, the witch stuff and something that looks like the Triforce symbol from Ocarina of Time...wow I suck at naming shit lol.

   Anyway, the reason I'm here is to post up a new picture.  I'll post up my current work on Poison tomorrow (maybe), but for today I'll be showing what I managed to get done on Suzuka over the past two days.  Actually, before getting to that, I'd like to take the moment to mention that the OS and Valkyrie painting I had been posting here for some time now are both on hold. 

  The OS picture (w the three girls and Jim) was really just a freak exercise in getting used to outlining and shading w/ a marker/pen again.  Certainly, it's been a huge help.  I will most likely finish it this week in-between much newer pieces.  As for Valkyrie, the painting is just hanging on hold while I come to grips w/ "something" (it's a heavy thought; better saved for much later in some other entry).  In the meantime, what I'll try doing is paint the character again, but this time I'll use Corel.  "Huh?", you ask.  "But that's a digital program!"....read on...



   Suzuka here, as you can likely guess, is being painted in Corel.  I got the program a few days ago and spent the bulk of the first half of this week learning how it worked, seeing the strength of the brushes and the mixer tool, and making test color palette sets, that sort of stuff.  I probably didn't get to painting her until Wednesday.  So far I'm just adapting what I would do by hand to the computer screen, and it's going pretty well.  There's no doubt about this: this will be my companion in all future art pieces, for sure (though I would like to use the paints again).
  
    While I'm still familiarizing myself w/ the program, it hopefully won't take too long.  I'll also be getting a jump on painting the Poison one sometime next week, or at least come up w/ a color palette for it. Between them it's off to get a couple more ink cartridges; the printer has been out of stock on both for about a year :S.  And more computer paper...yeah...

    So tomorrow, I'll put up the lines for the Poison pic...most likely.  I'm actually more inlined to wait until at least the base painting has been done, and that should only take a day or so.  So if it's not up tomorrow you know for sure I'll post something of it next weekend.  And by that time, I'll have Suzuka and Valkyrie (in yet another unsurprising revamp xD) done.  The time of the WIPping boy is almost done people, just be patient.

    I'm out for now; take care and keep kickin' it.  L8rz.

No comments:

Post a Comment