Friday, July 15, 2011

Busy


----------

  Good Friday kiddies; sorry it's been so long since the last post.  I've been quite busy w/ painting and drawing, and working on some other stuff.  Just not enough time in the day.  All's good though; at least I'm in here for a little bit to discuss some plans.

  First, a bit of a reworking of the blog.  I started up The Bristle's Law to act as a professional space for my art and other endeavors.  That intention is still very much there, but I get the feeling that it's still a bit too loose (especially in the off-beat topics I tend to like to discuss from time to time) to fit that duty precisely.  So, I'm in the midst of creating another version of the blog that will be purely business.  The current name is The Bristle's Law Pro-Spec, and I'll be launching it as soon as I have content.  As it implies, there's no bullshit w/ that one; just a grounds to put of finished work, and little else.  There won't be any room for WIPs or off-topic humor in any way, and it's really just there for future clients to check out my stuff if they are interested in doing work w/ me.

   Second, I've come to the decision to remove all of my older work off my dA...I just don't have an idea where I'll be putting it at yet x3.  By "older work", I mean everything besides the Valkyrie picture and newer, which I will be posting there to reinvigorate and begin again my pursuits.  I would like to leave those pictures in the folders they're in now, but to be honest they don't represent my current skill level or the direction I'm hoping to pursue w/ my artwork (literally and somewhat figuratively); keeping them just won't work out.  Currently in hopes of finding an imagespace that allows me to store them; doesn't have to be any fancy spot.  Maybe Flickr or possibly ImageShack; I've also thought of Tumblr but that's more a social site, I just want a site to dump these older images securely.  If that works out, I can continually migrate other work there too when I don't want them in the dA gallery or on Pro-Spec, particularly if they're images that show weaknesses I've conquered by that time.

  Third, I'm accelerating the building of a few portfolio pieces to push around in a pursuit for future clientelle.  I've set up an account on a freelance art site a while back, but the truth is I have zero images that seem good enough to draw in clients vs. the competition.  Well, at least from what's in my dA gallery.  Pieces like the Valkyrie pic and a few others I've either been working on (just haven't uploaded so far) or plan to soon are partly in hopes of being portfolio-worthy pieces.  In any case, I'll be using a few of them for representation of myself on said sites in a little bit of time, but the quality of the pieces comes first.

  Fourth, I've been working on what I'd like to publish as a webcomic.  All I can say for now is, it's got a lot of swords and mythological overtones.  Still fleshing out the backstory, setting up the premise and working/sketching on the characters...I don't think anything'll come of it until early fall, if I'm lucky.  But btwn now and then I'll mention a few other bits and pieces.

  Fifth,..been thinking about trying to give commissions another go.  I originally wanted to get them going this past May but a "crisis" of sorts had stalled that.  I just wasn't ready then, skill-wise.  I know it's only been two months-and my style's changed drastically (lots of relearning going on), but I feel much more confident trying them out.  Though if it does happen, they certainly won't be my main focus; that'll come to trying to get some publishing deals w/ clients (hence why I'm doing so much drawing/painting...that shit's unbelievably competitive and I gotta be ready ;).  If anything happens, I'll mention it.

  That pretty much does it for today.  I'll pop back in tomorrow to post up the current progress on Valkyrie and my Outlaw Star fan tribute piece I've been working on the past few days; neither one's done, but there's enough new there to warrant an upload.  Hope you all look forward to the pieces, so in the meantime just stay cool and frosty.  Catch 'ya l8r!

No comments:

Post a Comment