Friday, June 10, 2011

She's Almost (Sorta) Ready

  What up peeps?  The days have been good and this is a little two-part bloggity-blog where I'll feature that Mai picture one last time before it's, well, actually done, and gloss over a bit on something I'm apt to wanting to do as soon as tomorrow night, if all things go over well.



   First off, Mai.  The current progress on her is pretty good, and yes I understand there's some anatomy issues.  @ the same time, w/ absolutely no preplanning or prepardness going into this one, I guess it ain't half-bad.  W/ more practice in this technique I'm sure to steadily improve.  Right now I have one final glaze to do on the skin, and from there I need to go back and add some more detail to the red bit of the gown before doing the background and the final glazes to set a mood.  All of that aughta get done tomorrow, as I promised, all things considered, so..yeah...what's next?

  Moving on, last night I kinda had a really rad thought pop up while outside:  why not try doing a painting at midnight?  A lot of artist do what they call "midnight jams", staying up the whole night in their studio working on some piece.  Welp, my studio ain't nothin' special, and the temperatures are very warm outdoors so, barring any wet weather, I don't see why it's a big issue to set stuff up outside some night, maybe get the music going, and paint my ass off (of course, there are those stray animals,...creepy sonsabitches!).  It's not like me going off on some deep tangent of thinking the best art is done in the after-hours, but it'd be interesting to see how the night sky influences my thought process (plus, during the day it's too much a hassle to set things up outside and it truly is HOT around here during that time).

  So, uhm,...tomorrow night I'll be starting on my first midnight painting session, aiming to do a piece that only gets worked on during the afterhours, and maybe incorporate some of the scenery around if possible.  Should be interesting...welp, I'll mention it again tomorrow, in any case.


 
   Ah, before I jet, did u read this news story on Yahoo about a 4-year old Australian art-"prodigy"?  If 'ya didn't I got a link here.  Now, it's stuff like this why I somewhat choose not to associate w/ that particular sector of the art scene; we just don't see eye-to-eye on this stuff (literally, in this girl's case we don't, she's freakin' four years old).  Still, it's always neat to hear about young kids showing any sort of interest in art given that most girls her age are wanting to be the next sleazy pop-star whore, and I must admit, there is some strong talent in this kid, particularly in some of the pieces like The Leopard or The Luck Dragon, Cosmic Leap, Chinese New Year and Sunflares and Pegasus's Flight (very nice colors and composition).  Yeah, I probably don't know two shits about abstract art, and it's not actually something I'm interested in (in a "purists" POV), but I can at least say the kid has a couple of good pieces on her.  Let's hope she's not a fraud.

   That'll do it for tonight; hope this was of anything interesting and maybe even insightful, eh.  Damn, if I wanna stay up all night, I'd have to rework my sleeping schedule.  Awkward...

   Welp,...g'nite...

No comments:

Post a Comment