Thursday, June 30, 2011

Current WIP: Valkyrie

  

  What's up everyone?  Won't keep you for long, however I figured it upon myself to put up a quickie for the current painting I am working on for a dear loyal client of mine.  It's the character Valkyrie from Namco's series of games, and don't blame yourself if you don't know her...I didn't know of her much either until I got hit up for this picture.



   I won't be talking much about this one, but I will post up WIPs for when most of coloring is done, and then a final piece when the picture is done.  I'll just say I had to restart this one four times before getting this particular rendition, but it was more than worth it.  Also been merging my coloring, painting, and drawing theories and tests into working btwn this and a couple other pieces, but this will be the first one to test how much has been gained in such a short amount of time.

   Funny enough, the client doesn't know this is the version I'm going w/...I think I'll keep this ver. as a surprise until it's done.  Compared to what they THINK they're getting, though, this one's much better and more focused (although, it's nowhere near finished yet).

  Keeping w/ the art themed topics, I'm going to be purchasing some more tubes of paint from Dickblick over the next few days.  I've been very tempted to at least try picking up some oil pastels, but the results I've been getting w/ acrylics is enough for me.  My studies on color theory and mixing are what are pushing me to get these paints, but w/ them I should be set for anything.  Also, since the art process is becoming much more streamlined, I can probably do away w/ other things I felt I needed before.  Feels good to finally be back on track, w/ a fully clear head :)

  That's it for now; I'll jump back sometime l8r in the week to chat about Beserk and Outlaw Star, two very good examples of their respective genres, and muse over some classics I've been playing.  Stay awesome everyone; l8r.

No comments:

Post a Comment